Friday, November 12, 2004

Now, about that spoon...

...the one that was once Cousin Lucy's and came into my possession in the early 1980's. Cousin Lucy was my Mom's first cousin and Mom's Maid of Honor at her wedding to my Dad in 1923. Cousin Lucy never married and worked as an upholstery seamstress. She was the person who made all the slipcovers for the chairs and sofa in my Mom's home [Note: Mom used to put floral-patterned slipcovers on the darkly-upholstered chairs and sofa for the summer, and remove them for the winter. This is what stay-at-home moms had time to do in the Olden Days.] When I got married to elswhere's Dad, Cousin Lucy made the all the curtains for our apartment as a wedding present. When Cousin Lucy moved to a nursing home, she asked me what I wanted from her apartment. So I chose a spoon she had bought to commemorate her first/only trip to Israel. As part of my GRM (Global Redistribution of Matter) project, the spoon is now in elswhere's house. Someday, when I get to be a Power Blogger, I will post a picture of it.

14 comments:

Lioness said...

There are lovely spoon stories out on the ether. I think you'd like this one: http://herveryown.blogspot.com/2004/11/hope-no-spoon-yes.html

SavtaDotty said...

Lioness: You were right! I did sympathize with the sentiments in the blog you recommended. Thanks.

Ofer said...

Hey Savta. A relatively simple way to include images is to use the www.ImageShack.us site. You simply upload an image and get back a whole bunch of html code that you can embed in your post. Give it a try and let me know if you need any help (by email's best). See you soon.

Anonymous said...

5D4sXs The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

7MVBo8 Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.