Thursday, January 06, 2005

Don't You Worry 'Bout Me

One of the things about living alone and aging is the worry that one day you'll slip and fall getting out of the tub, or trip over one of the wires that aren't supposed to be on the floor, or fall off of the stepstool when the phone rings while you're changing a lightbulb , etc. etc. Not to worry: now I have a Magic Bracelet!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us If I'm conscious enough to push the Red Button on the waterproof Magic Bracelet, I Will Be Saved! In response to my button-push, a voice loud enough to drown out both the heavy-metal-music-playing neighbors downstairs and the teenage drummer next door will boom throughout my apartment from the Magic Box on the Wall,

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us asking "what's the matter?" Then, depending on whether or how I answer that question, the paramedics, the police, the ambulance will be dispatched, notifying my designated key-carrying friend and neighbor, so they won't have to break my door down when they arrive.

All this for a measly NIS 49 (that's about US$12.00) per month!

So you can all stop worrying 'bout me starting this minute.