Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sticky books

udge tagged me with a quiz:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
Crockett Johnson, Harold and the Purple Crayon

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Holden Caulfield…doesn't everybody?

The last book you bought is:

Ira Byock, M.D., Dying Well [non-fiction]
Reynolds Price, A Whole New Life [autobiography]
(I was in a bookstore in Florida, and bought two books at the same time.)

The last book you read finished reading:
Zakes Mda, Ways of Dying [fiction]

What are you currently reading?
Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox, The Goal [fiction]
J. Simcha Cohen, The 613th Commandment [non-fiction]
Brian Hall, I Should Be Extremely Happy in Your Company [fiction]
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince [non-fiction]
Adin Steinsaltz, The Talmud: A Reference Guide [non-fiction]
Dr. J. H. Hertz (Ed.), Pentateuch & Haftorahs [??????????]
Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America [non-fiction]
(I keep the books I'm in the middle of reading in my bedroom, kitchen, and living room, and a paperback to take out for waiting on lines, so I'm always in the middle of at least three or four)

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
Hertz (ed.), The Pentateuch & Haftorahs
W. Shakespeare, Collected works
Chris McNab, How to Survive Anything, Anywhere
S.J.Perelman, The Best of S.J. Perelman
Lewis Glinert, The Grammar of Modern Hebrew

Three people I choose to "stick this" to and why:
elswhere because she's my daughter
HappyOrangeHour because she is my granddaughter and she's got a huge library of her own books and a library card (her 2 Moms are librarians)
Rosie Bonner because she's a promising new blogger, and why should she get off easy?

No comments: