Thursday, November 15, 2007

Feeling Scattered

Subtitle Nuclear Family Smashed

Trying to settle down at home with my own dog and (temporarily) the lovely dog of Nominally Challenged, but this time I don't think the problem is jet lag. NC has gone for a Happy Family Event, but two other friends are away also, for more serious happenings: one for a sibling's funeral, one for chemotherapy. At times like these, I wonder what kind of family is it where each member voluntarily lives in a different country? Have there been studies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds sad.. I get that way also
when I come back from trips to
the "Old Country".
I live here in Israel
with my family, but over there are
two sisters in Oregon, and ageing,
ailing parents in L.A. It gets
harder every year to be separated
from them all. We scattered with
the winds and will never be blown
back together..

SavtaDotty said...

shari - (sigh)