Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day 26

It's hard to believe, but here I still am, a patient at Hadassah Hospital! I've started on a new treatment regime which will take several weeks to kick in, but I have to stay in hospital for the first two doses, to be sure I can tolerate it without adverse side effects. This makes eminent sense to me, and I am grateful that the Israeli medical system is willing to underwrite such a long hospitalization.

What with Wi-Fi, DVDs, books, and magazines, not to mention the occasional visitor, I manage to distract myself from the tedium of waiting for my skin to improve. Yesterday I was asked to present my case to a class of touring high school pre-meds! If I stay here much longer I think I'll be entitled to a salary as a consultant!

1 comment:

Udge said...

I'm glad to hear that you are in such good spirits, and hope that you continue so for the remaining few days. Here's to no complications!