Friday, October 09, 2009

Painting in Oil

While I was in New York, I took a photo of some interesting buildings over on the West Side in the 50's. Now that I'm home, I'm getting back into my regular routine, which includes a once-a-week studio art class. My wonderful teacher encouraged me to start using oil paint, which I last used in 1953. But this time I'm learning about layering the paint, so what I've accomplished so far is just the first layer. I can't wait to see what happens next!














4 comments:

nominally challenged said...

I love it already! :)

SavtaDotty said...

Thank you, dahling. I enjoy the process so much it will probably take me a long time to finish.

Fred said...

Terrific, Savtadotty. I can draw stick figure buildings if you ever need any help.

I see there are quite a few posts that I've missed. Off I go to catch up!

And, I hope all is well with you.

SavtaDotty said...

Fred, I always need help :-)

If you want to discover your true drawing talents, read "Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain" by Betty Edwards. It's a classic and proves that you can draw a lot better than you think.