Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Most Productive Week


Little Bear at Brunch
Originally uploaded by savtadotty.
I never got to post during my whirlwind trip to the USA, and here's why:

1. Three consecutive Birthday celebration meals with my brother (one per day). Photo below of the impressive triple-decker deli sandwich and the birthday boy who finished it, and then had cake! [Somebody please tell me how to get the photo into this post! For the time being, it's published separately, below.]

2. Two consecutive days of trying to console increasingly feverish 19-month-old granddaughter and her parents, followed by a conclusive visit to the pediatrician. Diagnosis? Ear infection. Treatment? Antibiotics and ear-pain-numbing potion. Photo shows said child just before the bug hit.

3. An astonishing conversation with a newly-discovered FIRST COUSIN (-half)! Lucky for me, he's an amateur genealogist who knows how to use the Internet in the service of family unification. We met by phone, e-mail, and flickr, all on my brother's very birthday. We have a savta in common.

3 comments:

Liza said...

Oooh! What a cutie! If the Teletubby is part of the dowry, my little one will marry her for sure! :-)

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match...

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Isn't it nice to have a geneaologist in the family? B**gging will always wait for him to close up shop.

SavtaDotty said...

she - I think it's time for me to check out this young man.

samirah - thanks! home is so comfy!

hoss - I don't understand what you mean about closing up shop? please clarify...maybe jet lag is making me dense.