Wednesday, January 26, 2005

News flash: I have a cold!

It's not even a dramatic cold, not the flu, not a migraine, no headaches (unless you count a sore scalp, one of my usual cold symptoms). Blogger.com gave me a lot of resistance today, so I had to read and sleep instead. Maybe Blogger.com had a cold, too.

I did manage learn that Prowesslessness, his wife who is now henceforth to be known as Pippi Bluestocking, and their baby, whose pre-birth sobriquet was Tractor but is now know as Little Bear (update your address books, please), all have colds down there in chilly Florida. The family that sneezes together...does something else together, I don't know what.

6 comments:

elswhere said...

Pippi Bluestocking! Thank you, that is perfect. I've been trying to come up with a good pseudonym for *months* and was so tired of saying "my sister-in-law." which conjures up an image that is so *not her.*

Anonymous said...

We must be related because I woke up this morning with a horrendous cold, which was just the cherry on the cake that has been my January!

Uncle will post a response tonight... cold or no cold!

zeno

SavtaDotty said...

To my non-familial commentators: I can't believe my having a cold would inspire responses from the blogosphere. You guys are just so lively!

elswhere: You must take some credit for at least the Bluestocking part of her name. In fact, you indirectly deserve credit for the Pippi part too: without you, I would never have had a reason to read that book. I'll take credit for the packaging, though: Connections 'R Me.

Lioness said...

Hope you feel better soon dahling, and very very funny cage for the teethlings. Hope YOU are getting fed though.

SavtaDotty said...

Only: you've convinced me to censor the baby teeth just a bit (see revised post below), so now the unadorned teeth are displayed on demand only. The cage bars in the censored version are horizontal instead of vertical because my image-editing skills were limited by the templates Camedia software supplies (and no, I don't want to learn Photoshop just now, thank you).

SavtaDotty said...

I've read your post. Good luck! I knew Stuyvesant H.S. had moved away from the Union Square station, but your reference to the Chambers Street station brought it home. I'm working on my story. It's long because it has many facets. I may have to do it as a series.