Monday, September 19, 2005

On the Eighth Night...

I arrived home on Sunday, September 11, and after seven nights of wide-awakeness, punctuated by intermittent naps I finally slept through the night! They tell me that jet lag recovery takes one day for each time zone, so I'm two days away from total recovery.

Common sense may be the last faculty to return: I'm sitting here blogging because it's too hot to go out and take the dog for her morning walk. But it's already after 11 AM and it's not going to get any cooler for many, many hours, so what good is procastination? I sometimes wish my doggie had less patience, because she just encourages my foolishness. Blind devotion isn't always want you want from your best friend, although a dog with a large bladder is a comfort.

2 comments:

Fred said...

It's a shame dogs won't use a litter box. Wouldn't that be cool?

TLP said...

I think the best thing about dogs is that they force you to get out and about.

You're almost there on the recovery.