Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Holiday Gift for Little Bear


SweaterforLittleBear
Originally uploaded by savtadotty.
The whole Christmas-shopping-thing doesn't happen where I live, and it does where most of my loved-ones live, so this is the season I feel farthest away. I try to send my granddaughters something I make by hand, because it's the next best thing to touching them (sigh).

Another distancing thing is the time-space continuum: packages to the USA from Israel normally take two weeks to arrive, so I have sent most gift packages by now. Unless I get lucky (a web-cam package-opening session), my participation in their holidays is about over. I forgot to photograph the knitted Barbie-outfits I sent to Mermaid Girl.

Can you tell I'm a bit blue? Speaking of blue, the color of Little Bear's sweater is much more lavender than it appears in the photo. I finally learned how to make bobbles, and, drunk with bobbling power, I even made bobble buttons.

2 comments:

Fred said...

You do great work. Now, about the one I want for my daughter...

trelif said...

Awesome. I haven't mastered the cable, let alone the bobble, yet. Well done!