Friday, April 13, 2007

I Don't Know What to Say, But I'll Try...

Today elswhere, mermaid girl, my 89-year-old cousin, and I spent about three weeks hours at American Girl Place.

Masquerading as an amateur cultural anthropologist from another planet, here is what I concluded: American girls are clean, bright-eyed, acquisitive, inquisitive, between 5 and 9 years old, well-behaved, surrounded by loving mothers or other female relatives, and they all have at least one American Girl doll which they spend weekdays dressing and grooming. They eat only mini hamburgers or hot dogs, french fries, cookies and cake, and drink only pink lemonade. They all wear pink and they can all read. Catalogues.

1 comment:

Chancy said...

What fun. My 6 year old granddaughter has an American Girl doll named Kit. She and the doll look alike. Both blondes with bangs .

I am glad you are having a good time.

Take care.